adventures in creativity.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Coffee Filter Flowers and All Things Pinteresting.



I have a new addiction and I know that I am not alone. Pinterest has captured my heart and consumed more than a reasonable (Shhhhh... Don't tell my husband) amount of time from my days. If you are familiar with Pinterest then you may or may not share my infatuation. If not, you need to get on the pin train with the rest of us. ;)

Any-who, a while back we hosted a family reunion at my house. It was a beautiful day full of homemade ice cream and me avoiding having to play BINGO or any other sort of organized activity, for that matter. And because I have OCD and I like to make stuff, I started preparing for this little party months in advance. Buntings, and tissue paper poufs, and coffee filter flowers; lots and lots of coffee filter flowers. I quite literally dyed 2,200 coffee filters. No. Lie. It was time consuming and oddly soothing. And a little messy. Here is a photo of the scene of the craft:

You can see dyed and dried filters on the right, cut filters in the middle, and also the assembled ones, obviously. And truth be told I hadn't thought too much about my garden of filters until tonight when a certain pinner who repinned a pin I had pinned peaked my interest. It was none other than the great and talented Aunt Peaches, who just happened to be the very blogger who inspired my coffee filter flower extravaganza. I felt like a celebrity for a micro second, which is an unfortunate side effect of living in a very rural area. Another one is thinking that a trip to the grocery store counts as a social outing.

Thank you Peaches, for making my day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dooooooode! I just this post (of course I found it while playing around on Pinterest). I am so thrilled you went wild with the coffee filters --as best I can tell from the picture above, they look amazing! Do you have any pictures of the final results? Send my way: emailauntpeaches (at) gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peaches! I will get some pics to you soon.

    ReplyDelete